|Location||East London, South Africa|
|Date Posted||March 6, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
Execute Secondary Distribution
• Conduct secondary distribution planning and develop the Secondary Distribution Pang
• Manage and Control Secondary Distribution
• Conduct Truck Inspections, Toolbox Talks etc. to maximise fleet performance, availability and utilisation
• Identify opportunities for Negotiated Delivery Days, to enable master routing
• Explore and quantify opportunities to convert customers to less expensive delivery modes
• Contribute to effective Distributor Management in support of the Regional Logistics Manager
Ensure Customer Service Excellence
• Maintain good Customer relations by delivering on promises consistently
• Provide feedback on all Customer comments, queries and suggestions, and recommend mitigations if out of service level agreement
• Facilitate necessary Customer Service training and on-boarding of all Drivers
• Route cause analysis of queries and complaints conducted to prevent recurrence
• Ensure Drivers adhere to offloading standards and maintain customer service levels
• Accountable for new customer take-on process in-trade including customer induction
Manage General Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
• Ensure compliance with standard operational policies and procedures
General Operational and Financial Management
• Actively participate in operational planning and budgeting processes
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices,
processes and systems
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and
• Control cost and take the necessary action to mitigate any financial risks or non-compliance
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• Up to 8 years experience (Supervisory)
• Excel Intermediate
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of functional problems that do not have predetermined guidelines, routines
or procedures for solution, determine cause and impact, and choose the best alternative to solve the
problem based on previous experience and an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning
• Others in own work area
• Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives
• Prepares a roadmap for success.
• Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
• Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
• Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
• Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers,
peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Asks questions to identify customer needs or expectations
• Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time
• Takes responsibilities seriously and consistently meets the clients’ expectations for quality, service,
• Continuously monitors delivery to make sure the customer is receiving good service
• Shows a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Able to own responsibility for mistakes, apologise and make suitable changes to services
Legal and Ethical Conduct
• Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks
counsel before acting
• Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
• Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
• Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
• Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical and professional requirements; exposes violations