|Location||Secunda, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
Operating entity: Secunda Chemicals Operations (Technical Support)
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Fulfil the role of a Business Partner within major operations BU, interacting with all leadership levels (including VP’s and senior managers) and meeting structures to ensure that Asset management ( OCP ) is sustained and contributes to the attainment of operational targets:
- Provide line of sight of Operations excellence practices that are important with associated metrics
- Measure against a defined standard which senior improvement specialist is the custodian of
- Help mobilise the BU around delivery on these important issues
- Facilitate and drive the development of improvement plans and improvement plan metrics
- To close the gap between actual and standard
- Facilitate and drive implementation and sustainability plans
- Senior improvement specialist must use the Sasol Operations Core Processes (OCP) and Operations Management system (OMS) as the foundation to enable Operations to build and grow the business units in SCO.
- Senior improvement specialist is the driver of Asset Management- ie, it must give the BU line of sight on the health of Asset Management systems and practices, equip the organization to do Asset Management improvement plans that enable the organization, Plant Support, to improve stability, reliability and production performance through good maintenance and operations practices. This includes the integration processes across departments and value streams.
- Senior improvement specialist with the support of Industrial Engineering, Technical Auditing & Work management will co-develop and implement a trusted system of Reliability analysis (Bad Actors/Case for change) system for BU.
- Senior improvement specialist to use the OCP model to improve the “Operations Management System” (reporting and tracking) to enable management at all levels to have easy and understandable access and line-of-site on the “One Sasol way” on managing and leading their teams.
- The Senior improvement specialist will role model the improvement process to other improvement specialist in complex operations units
- Monitor and analyse BU performance together with the BU custodians (Define, Measure, Understand, Improve, Codify, Sustain); (MIT’s)
- Determine opportunities (D)
- Create Heap Map (M, U)
- Develop Gap Closure Plans (I)
- Prioritize work(M)
- Recommendations for possible MIT’s(I,C,S)
- Implement Gap Closure plans (C)
- Track improvements(C, S)
- Share best practices from learnings of each BU
- Mentor role for improvement specialists and practitioners
- Support within the OS team (Weekly and monthly meetings)
- Engaging across boarders(Tech Auditing, Industrial Engineering, WMP, Process Safety, etc) to understanding the assessment reports and assist in closing the identified GAP’s
- Actively involved and part of the BU on a daily basis (PDR, Pre Schedule, Scheduling, Integrity, Governance, BU performance meetings, etc)
- SME on SOS
- Develop yearly performance agreement contracts that are aligned to OS deliverables
- Compile monthly reports
- Compile project/initiative progress reports
- Senior improvement specialist to continue with and improve the way in which team-scorecards is used as a business tool to target setting and creating strategic goal alignment in BU. This includes not only the drafting of yearly scorecards, but also includes the continuous reporting of actual performance against set targets (KPI’s, Sustainable scorecards).
- Senior improvement specialist to continue providing a support service in rolling out the OE methodology through facilitation and coaching in selected and prioritized areas through, amongst others, the MIT methodology.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination this position may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
B Degree in Engineering
- At least 8 Years’ operations and/or Proven Practical Continues improvement experience
- At least 3 years in a leadership/business support role
- Experience/Understanding of Asset management principles
- Knowledge/Understanding of ISO 55 000/PAS 55 BIP’s (Asset Management)
- Experience in facilitation, coaching, mentoring.
- Basic Overall plant process and maintenance knowledge with specific experience in work management systems
- Experience in business rhythm and assurance processes
- Ability to facilitate and develop GAP closure plans (priorities), Heat Maps, process safety procedures (eg, SOP’s, QCP’s, Strategies, etc), development of management tracking systems
- Understanding and application of Work management, Business processes, SAP data capturing
- Ability to be able to engage, work and influence the different cultures, senior leaders and their teams – Individual and bigger groups
- Sound situational analysis , root cause analysis and decision making experience
- Experienced in working in a high stress environment
- Experience in positive influencing difficult stakeholders
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Use of the OS plant support teams in supporting Operations to realize the BU production yearly budget target during the forthcoming year through increased stability, in the business as a result of a decrease in plant incidents.
- Senior improvement specialist to support the BU’s by focusing on increasing stability of the plant by using the different tools, processes and principles of SOS.
- Define complex Management system (Targets, metrics and action/protection/improvement plans supported by BP (Traceable and logical system from Strategy to Work Instruction), documents, practices, reports, meetings, daily rhythm, Invocom methodology etc.)
- Align and standardise business process with the bigger SA Ops.
Governance and Compliance
- Enable set standards and assure compliance through audits and coaching.
- Assure operating performance and drive improvement agenda for the BU’s
- Create a knowledge sharing environment to ensure the BU’s compliance to OCP
- Agree asset specific targets aligned to operating standards (e.g. safety, process variables)
Leadership and Direction
- Contribute in the translation and execution of the strategic objectives and plan for the BU:
- Coach and guide BU’s to the benefits of a successful SOS implementation
- Continuously improve on processes. Identify improvement opportunities and implement improvement solutions.
- Demonstrate One Sasol way behaviour
- Mentoring improvement specialists and practitioners
- Influence multi-level interfaces and integrate effectively. Interact with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive behaviour change to ensure success
- Ensure sustainability of all changes
- Manage operations risks by making sure that all risks are identified, analysed and mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Execute SHE strategy to achieve zero harm. Continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain license to operate.
- Identify & share best practices in the BU’s, continuously benchmark and update the standard and drive, to support the continuous improvement cycle
- Set, measure, enable and improve the practices in the BU’s including Sasol Operations Standard, systems and business processes
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within 2 months (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful