|Location||Secunda, South Africa|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
HR & Recruitment
Purpose of Job/ Role Intent:
Sources young talent for Sasol by building relationships with Bursars, Universities and Sasol Operating Model Entities to ensure a steady supply of students according to the need of the talent pipeline.
As consultant gets involved in the facilitation of the annual cycle of activities in the graduate centre, including:
- Participation in the annual attraction campaign execution together with external campaign partners
- Involvement in the bursary application process as well as liaison with the appointed response handling partner;
- Coordination and event managing the bursary interview and selection processes (interacts both with applicants and interview panel members as nominated by the operating entities);
- Facilitation of the final selection process based on outcomes of the interview process
- Bi- Annual execution of the campus visits
- Facilitation of the annual vacation work period to take place during Dec and Jan of every year;
- Arranging and execution of the annual new bursar onboarding programmes
- Maintaining Data integrity on Graduate Centre systems
- Working to ensure that bursary pipeline goals are met through building relationships with bursars, tertiary institutions as well as operating entities by effectively dealing with queries, handling applications and organising events.
- Understands Operating Model Entity requirements and actively monitors and reports shortages to management. Suggests and implements solutions to top up numbers.
- Assist and handle queries from bursary holders and Sasol employees on the bursary scheme, process, payments etc. - to be addressed in a professional and timely manner.
- Execute all Graduate recruitment engagement and attraction activities as per agreed timelines taking special care to adhere to Sasol policies and procedures. Also include the sourcing of promotional material to be used during attraction campaigns/events.
- Assists and facilitate in obtaining a mandate on bursar intake numbers by providing information on existing pipeline numbers, soliciting future need from OME's and informs all relevant stakeholders on the final approved numbers.
- Ensure a fair short listing criteria is applied and that all candidates receive early notice and invites to the process. Special attention to logistical arrangements, management of panel members as well as preparation of selection documentation. Obtain signoff before the awarding of bursaries and the regret of unsuccessful candidates.
- Reporting of accurate information to Manager, Graduate Centre as per pre-determined and agreed reporting cycle.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate databases of all bursar information. Ensure that all exceptions to normal processes are highlighted and reported to management timeously.
- Assist in capturing information on the central database on future bursary needs after conducting needs and allocation meetings with OME's.
- Promotes bursar wellbeing and commitment to Sasol by establishing meaningful relationships with bursars throughout the student lifecycle. Monitor progress by regular contact as and when required and through the annual cycle of campus visits.
- Assess final exam results for all bursars to determine continuation, suspension or cancellation of bursaries.
- Conducting the allocation meetings with the involvement of required stakeholders in order to determine placement of final year students due to complete their studies or to approve further post graduate studies should business need allow for it.
- Compile the final placement list for approval by the relevant mandating committee, also detailing instances where business need do not allow for allocation, but release of the students. Mandating committee to approve the outcomes of the allocation meetings prior to communication with OME's and students.
- Communicate the final decision of the mandating committee and conclude hand-over actions to the Graduate Development office to start with enrolment processes for the new Sasol employees. Finalise communication to bursary students on their placement and further actions to expect.
- Manages the vacation work for Bursars by providing relevant OME’s with lists of Bursars who require vacational work. Confirms the vacational work with the Bursar and the relevant OME.
- Facilitate all vacation work logistical arrangements, onboarding program and actions, evening program during the vacation work period towards networking with Sasol colleagues.
- Arrange panels for the evaluation of bursary holder vacation work assignments and brief vacation workers on the requirements for the presentation. Facilitate all logistical arrangements for this event.
- Facilitate arrangements in relation to annual general meetings; graduation ceremonies
Relationships, Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Obtaining inputs from all the operating entities on their bursar planning for the next cycle - and to obtain those numbers in time to compile the consolidated plan.
- Operates in South African Region across geographical areas in with standardized procedures and policies requiring strict governance. The team is mainly responsible to be the interface between Sasol and its youth as part of the pre-investment strategy to ensure sufficient talent resources for Sasol's future operations. The team is spread across 2 geographical areas, providing a recruitment service to both operational and functional environments.
- Monthly planning to manage the workload and to achieve the objectives of the planned bursary office activities for the coming month.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the selection criteria
- Incumbent will be required to travel periodically nationally to Universities and across all Sasol sites.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma/ University Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (Must)
- Two Years Relevant Experience in the similar role/ environment – HR preferred
Functional/ Technical Competencies
- Value Chain Management
- Business Acumen
- Business Needs Analysis
- Base Pay
- Job Analysis
- Variable Pay
- International Remuneration
- Auditing & Quality Assurance
- Employee Data / Rewards & Benefits Admin
- Shares Administration
- Payroll Execution & Administration
- Time Administration
- Employee Benefits & Medical Incapacity
- Data Base Management
- Systems Knowledge & Application
- Legislation & Frameworks
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within two months (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Follow us on:
YouTube | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | http://www.sasol.com/