|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2019|
Sales & Marketing
A sales representative focuses on buying all types of scrap metal from wherever it may be generated. A buyer must communicate and negotiate with scrap suppliers of all types, with the aim of buying as much scrap metal as possible, at the best possible price. A buyer is responsible for dealing with any complaints or enquiries that his/her clients might have. A buyer must endeavor to find new scrap-generating customers, wherever they may arise. A buyer must at all times conduct him/herself in such a manner that reflects the professional and ethical values of the Group.
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate.
- At least 3 years of general sales experience, preferably in manufacturing, engineering or allied industries / alternatively experience as a buyer of scrap metals.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse cultures
- Interpersonal skills
- Reporting skills
- Time management
- Ability to work independently
- Strong sense of integrity
- Negotiating skills