|Location||Mthata, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2020|
Company: O.R.Tambo District Municipality
Job Title: Meter Readers
Location: Mthatha, Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 14 August 2020
Unit: Revenue Services
Salary: R113, 160.90 – R143,440.10 basic salary
- Collecting meter books and record meter readings.
- Locating water meters from the field, recording figure on display in prescribed forms/registers to ensure the correct billing purpose.
- Clear debris to find and read water meters.
- Checking the status of connections and identifying and recording any acts of tampering, leaks and damages incurred on connection and flow meters to report them for repair connection.
- Verifying that the reading taken corresponds with the street number by gathering information from the owner if not clear.
- Checking if there are any new developments where readings are taken, report if water connections is identified without a water meter.
- Communicating any serious defects observed and/or inability to access meters for recording purposes e.g. dogs, gate locked, covered meters, and flooded meters to ensure removals.
- Receive the deviation report for correction of meter readings.
- Verifying meter readings on display as compared to readings obtained during meter reading process.
- Submit the complete deviation report for corrections where applicable.
- Reporting faulty meters to effect immediate repairs.
- Grade 10
An application letter, certified copies of qualifications, CV with at least three contactable references, driver’s licence and ID copies must form part of the application package.
Fax to email
- 086 4116 716
- Please address your application to the Acting Municipal Manager, O.R. District Municipality, Private Bag x 6043, Mthatha
Apply by Email
- An application letter, certified copies of qualifications, CV with at least three contactable references, driver’s licence and ID copies must form part of the application package.
- Failure to submit the documents listed above will result in disqualification.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and disclose the nature of their disability.
- The words “APPLICATION FOR VACANCY ’’ should appear on the same side of, but separate from the address in the same envelope so as to sensitise the Registry Office to the closing date.
- If the applicant has not been notified of the results within three (3) months or (90) days from the closing date, the applicant should regard his/her application as unsuccessful.
- The Council reserves the right not to continue with the interviews and appointments if the Council feels no suitable candidate could be found.
- Canvassing of Councillors/Management is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- For any enquiries contact the Human Resources Department on the following Telephone numbers: 047 501 7009/43/35/36