|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
HR & Recruitment
The main purpose of the role is to provide operational support to the Senior Manager: Employee
Relations on Employee/ Industrial Relations and related matters.
1. Industrial Relations
- Preparation of conciliation and arbitration cases.
- Case investigation and advise for case preparation.
- Liaising with CCMA and other key stakeholders in insuring that all processes are followed.
- Liaising with Trade Unions.
- Review and implementation of company Policies and Procedures.
- Represent the employer in CCMA Cases if, and when required
- Prompt and proper handling of disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Provide support and conflict resolutions in grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Assist Managers with drafting charge sheets.
- Provide guidance and support to Line Management with regards to employee relation matters.
- Performing trend analysis and data analytics and make recommendations to address service
- Continuously seek efficiencies in current processes and formulate strategies for new
implementations.3. Stakeholder Engagement
- Build and maintain relations with Trade Unions
- Conduct training, workshops and consultation on Employee relation matters
- Co-ordinate Bargaining Forum meetings
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A three year post matric qualification in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Employee Relations,
Labour Law, LLB or related field
- A total of 8 years’ experience in Human Resources of which 3 years must be in specialising in
- Experience working in a unionised environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to EEA, BCEA, LRA
- CCMA representation
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Clean Criminal record
- Microsoft Office Suite
Skills & competencies required:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establish strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholder
- Good reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Change Management
R 731, 862 to R 862, 105 per annum
Total Cost to Company per annum inclusive of all benefits and company contributions.
Interested applicants should send detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic qualifications and
names of three contactable referees to Ms. Nokulunga Mtse via email [email protected] NSFAS do
not consider late applications. Staff on Leave must ensure that they check the NSFAS portals for
advertised vacancies and familiarize themselves with the respective closing dates. NSFAS only
corresponds with Shortlisted Candidates. If you do not hear from NSFAS within 2 months of the
closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
** NSFAS committed to employment equity. Preference will be given to candidates who improve
employment equity considerations **
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent, 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700 | Private Bag X1, Plumstead, Cape Town, 7800
Tel No.: 0800 067 327 | 021 763 3200 | Email: [email protected]