|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
Transport & Logistics
The above positions have become vacant in the Cape Town region, reporting to Sales Manager. The overall purpose of these positions is to ensure an efficient Merchandising service to support the smooth functioning of business operations and inventory integrity as well as vehicle maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Count available stock and calculate stock to be replenished when and where required.
- Check and action missing PI labels when and where required.
- Draw stock from storeroom in accordance with point 1 by ensuring that emergency GAP stock is utilized first.
- Replenish used stock from storeroom and/or emergency stock as and when required.
- Clean shelves to ensure that such remains dust free.
- Apply stock rotation according to FIFO (first-in-first-out) principles as and when required.
- Scan products to ensure correct pricing.
- Ensure that PI labels are placed on the left of the first SKU running left to right.
- Ensure that lines on promotion are labelled by flashers.
- Peruse and check for opportunities in terms of cross-merchandising and action accordingly on a continuous basis.
- Carry out all merchandising requirement as requested by Company/Principles/Management.
- Ensure that the storeroom promotes hygienic conditions suitable for storage.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly stored and action if required.
- Ensure that stock rotation is performed as and when required.
- Communicate to line management with regards to:
- Store stock integrity (damaged/expired stock etc.)
- Out of stock’s
- Over stock’s
- Alignment of safety stock
- Ensure that the correct point of sales is placed.
- Ensure that the correct product is on promotion.
- Ensure that correct flow of stock.
- Ensure that all damaged POS is replaced (no damage POS allowed).
- Ensure that PI labels are placed on displayed stock.
- Ensure that all displays are positioned correctly.
- Check and communicate problem stock levels and replace as and where required.
- Ensure that stock is available at primary and secondary points of purchase.
- Check shelves continuously throughout the day and replenish stock as and when required.
- Remove all damaged and expired stock from shelves to be uplifted.
- Place in required allocated areas/sign barcode of product.
- Complete documentation as per store requirement.
- Apply principle specific procedures.
- Communicate with line management.
- Action as per instruction.
- Ensure that you acquire all relevant product knowledge of principle products and apply such on a daily basis.
- Ensure you are acquainted with the maintenance of ranges and flows.
- Ensure you are updated on a daily basis with relevant product information, KAM compliance, Store knowledge etc.
- Protect existing shelf space and negotiate for more forward share.
- Calculate forward share per line item per store.
- Communicate promotional activity to store management timeously.
- Advise store management of promotional products.
- Communicate store feedback to line management.
- Regular follow up and follow through before launch of promotion.
- Where applicable. Adhere to internal and external planograms.
- Communication of any deviation to line management.
- Make recommendation to line management where applicable.
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and tidy on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that services of the vehicle are adhered to as and when required.
- Ensure that graphics/decals on Namaqua vehicles are still intact and optically proficient and report any deviations hereof.
- Check oil levels, tyre pressure and any relevant checks before using the vehicle on a daily basis.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales and marketing.
- Extensive experience in FMCG and specifically the wine industry.
- No criminal record.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Own reliable transport and/or be in possession of valid SA Driver’s Licence.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in Cape Town and nearby surrounding areas.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Planning abilities.
- Numerical skills
- Decision making abilities.
- Time-management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills
- Artistic skills
- Build bulk displays
- Know how to place orders and manage stock
Other Personal Attributes:
- Pressure resilient
- Friendly, patient and helpful
- Self-motivated and honest
Package & Remuneration
Market Related Salary