|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2020|
Position: Fire Fighter
Remuneration: R143 505.00 per annum Plus Normal Municipal Benefits
- Grade 12 Senior certificate
- Certificate in Fire Fighter 1 and 2.
- Hazmat awareness and operations.
- First Aid Level 3/BAA.
- A valid C1 (Code 10) driver’s license.
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to communicate in both isiZulu and English.
- Minimum one (01) year relevant experience
- Be less than 35 years old.
- No criminal record.
- Be able to run 2.4 KMs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pump Operator Course and/or Disaster Management Certificate will be an added advantage
- Physical Fitness Is Key Requirement: Candidates may be required to undergo several assessment tests to determine their suitability for posts.
Key Performance Areas:
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- React immediately to fire station bells.
- Respond to fire, emergencies medical and hazardous substances incidences.
- Compliance with all relevant Legislation and Council Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Perform disaster management activities as and when required.
- Ensure state of preparedness for fire-fighting and other emergency situations by regularly cleaning and testing fire-fighting equipment.
- Perform administrative duties, including the completion of incident reports and reporting of faulty equipment and defects.
- Participate in training, classes and drills in firefighting, emergency medical care, disaster response and specialized rescue.
- Perform fire safety inspections.
- Carry out firefighting and emergency activities at the scene of incidents to ensure the safety of fire-fighters and others, with the prime objective of saving lives and properties.
- Assist on disaster management issues as and when required.
Enquiries: Mr S. A Radebe 0605218374 (039) 833 1038
Please note: A signed application letter, certified copies of your academic qualifications, ID, Driver’s license, and a detailed copy of your curriculum vitae with three references must accompany your application.
NB: PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID 19 restrictions, emailed applications will be accepted and they can be emailed to: [email protected] . No faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates, should you not receive correspondence within one month of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Please forward your application to Mr N C Vezi, the Municipal Manager, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma Local Municipality, P.O Box 62, Creighton, 3263 or Hand-deliver to: Municipality Building, Main Street, Creighton 3263 or 32 Arbuckle Street, Himeville, 3256 (During office hours from 08h00 to 16h30).
CLOSING DATE: 28 AUGUST 2020 AT 16:00 PM
Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma Municipality is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the achievement of diversity, equity and maintenance of representativity in terms of race, gender and disability. Candidate whose appointment will promote representativity will be given preference.
Post expires at 4:00pm on Friday August 28th, 2020