|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
Company: City of Johannesburg
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Closing Date: 25 August 2020
Department: Community Development
Branch:Sports and Recreation
Designation: Executive Secretary
Salary Range: R22 215.52 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Vacancy Circular: 036/2020 Post 2 of 12
Primary Function: Coordinate activities and requirements associated with the Office of Director through the application of administrative and secretarial procedures and the execution of sequences associated with the communication, planning, prioritization and organisation of confidential and important appointments, events and meetings.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide an efficient telephone service for the Director’s office.
- Maintain an efficient record keeping and retrieval system
- Perform specific tasks and activities associated with provision of administration and secretarial support.
- Communicate required information to management, staff and public
- Grade 12 and a Secretarial Diploma or related qualification / NQF level 6
- Computer literacy with MS packages, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a secretarial environment
Leading Competencies: Ability to function under pressure and produce accurate reports within limited time frames; Time management; High level of confidentiality, professionalism and organisational skills; Ability to work independently or in a team and take initiative where necessary to achieve necessary outcomes.
Core Competencies: Teamwork; High level confidentiality, Value and Integrity; Attention to detail and quality focused; Advanced communication skills; Verbal and written reporting
How to Apply
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Murrendeni Nelufule
Tel No: 011 407 6553
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein
- PLEASE INDICATE THE VACANCY APPLICATION IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL APPLICATION
- If hand delivering applications, please liaise with relevant contact person on the physical address. Clearly indicate on the application letter for which post(s) applicants are applying (e.g. post 2)
- An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details mentioned in the circular.
- Applications, which have not not been responded to within 6 weeks of closing date, should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity Policy and people with disability are encouraged to apply
- Finalization of the appointments to be within 4 months from the closing date of circular