|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
Financial Modelling Associate Director - Financial Advisory
- Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2090, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Financial Advisory team specialises in taking facts and figures and then adding insight and expertise to maximise value and impact for our clients. Our integrated approach means our clients enjoy ‘one point of call’ that encompasses every aspect of a transaction.
Together with other Deloitte services such as Tax, Consulting and Legal, we provide a comprehensive solution to clients, using global best practice and our global and local network.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
About the Job
As a Senior Modelling Specialist in the Valuations & Modelling Services team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing and coaching junior staff and supporting the partners and directors in client-facing delivery.
The nature of work that you will get involved in may include:
- Leading teams and building analytical models to handle large data sets with Excel, Tableau, or other relevant specialized tools/programs that can be interpreted convincingly
- Maintaining a working knowledge of measurement tools, benchmarks, statistics, and metrics needed to quantify and analyze aspects of deal risk
- Managing deadlines to help team stay on track during a transaction, adapting to changing priorities as they arise
- Analysing financial and accounting information when evaluating transactions
- Outlining a quality assurance plan, specifying the standards, tools, and techniques to define priorities needed to provide high-quality services
- Conducting market analysis and develops an initial hypothesis around growth opportunities and upside potential and downside risks
- Leverage economic and industry knowledge to assess the validity of the financial models and reports
- Performing site inspections to obtain an understanding of the major assets, how they are being used with the business, and for discussion of future plans for the assets
- Identifying critical assumptions and facts that underline valuation estimates and provides alternative approaches as required
- Generating models and analyses as industry requirements dictate and leverages economic and market condition knowledge to assess the validity of models and reports
- Preparing robust business planning or transaction models by applying detailed understanding of commercial practicalities, accounting and finance knowledge, technical ability, quantitative analysis, and logic
- Creating progressive financial models that capture the future operating, investing and financing activities, and helps clients determine future profitability, financial position, and risk
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- International professional qualification advantageous i.e CA, CFA, ACCA or CPA
- 8 years’ experience in a Financial Modelling & Valuations role
To qualify, you should have the following skills:
- Knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience in valuation, feasibility studies/projections, transaction support, due diligence, financial re-structuring and IPO's.
- Ability to review and analyze financial information and write clear, succinct and insightful reports.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve research issues.
Living our Purpose: Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence: Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Performance drive: Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Strategic direction: Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Talent development: Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities