|Location||Stellenbosch, South Africa|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position in the Data & Analytics Department based at Libertas Parva in Stellenbosch. The successful applicant will report to the Data Architect.
Purpose of the position:
The Data Engineer is responsible for managing, optimising, overseeing and monitoring of data retrieval, storage and distribution throughout the organisation.
Key performance areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and understand business requirements in the SAP planning, reporting, and analytics space
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, more specifically relevant databases and large scale processing systems
- Data extraction from on-premise and hosted systems and repositories using various ETL tools
- Create, maintain and optimize process chains to ensure data is loaded within the available window
- Data modeling of Transaction and Master Data, construction of ADSO’s
- Quality assure system configuration and development
- Ensure proper data governance principles are applied in development practices
- Perform user support by diagnosing and resolving system problems
- Guide fellow BI team members to develop the best technical design, in conjunction with the Data Architect
- Knowledge transfer to users , fellow team members and support resources
- On-going system administration and maintenance
- Stay informed on new developments in analytics space; Educate organisation on available and emerging toolsets; Identify opportunities for improvement; Develop proof-of-concept to help illustrate useful approaches to applying technology to solve business problems.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Bachelor degree in information systems, computer science, or a comparable education
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Very good knowledge and hands-on experience of SAP BW on HANA
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing principals
- Good understanding of SQL. Java & C# experience will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Integrated Planning in SAP BW (BW-IP)
- FOX Coding
- Data Slice
- SAP ERP experience with FI, CO, and SD modules would be beneficial
- Experience in integrating and extracting data from source systems ECC, CRM, SD, FI/CO, SCM, using standard/generic extractors (ABAP) and other tools
- Data Services experience will be beneficial
- SAP Data Services 4.0 or higher
- DS Formulae
- Integration BW / FTP / OLTP/Web service etc.
- Knowledge of non-SAP reporting tools and how they integrate with SAP and HANA data will be beneficial
- Ability to work with both Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners
- High analytical skills
- High degree of initiative in driving projects to completion
- Customer Orientated
- Team player
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell Career Portal by logging onto SuccessFactors and following: Home > Careers.