|Location||Sasolburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2020|
VKB Foods, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY) Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated food industry with a branch at Sasolburg and Bethlehem in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
To drive a medium motor vehicle (rigid) of which the gross combination mass exceeds 3 500 kg but not 16 000 kg in alignment with predefined work objectives/ standard operating procedures and in accordance with applicable laws of the road.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent.
- Code 10 licence with PDP.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A clear criminal record.
- Experience in the agriculture industry will be advantageous.
- Proven ability to manoeuvre, reverse and pack vehicle into confined spaces.
- Good client interaction skills with both internal/ external customers.
- A willingness to work overtime, incl. Saturdays, when required.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled deliveries and collections to and from designated locations as instructed by management.
- Strict adherence to commercial driving regulations while driving on public roads.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicle according to company policy.
- Ensure goods are secured correctly before departure and vehicle seals/ locks are not tampered with upon arrival at destination.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Ensure accurate and detailed completion of logbooks and other delivery documents.
- Adherence to loading and offloading procedures at company and client premises.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean and maintained as per schedule at all times.
- Understanding and compliance with relevant Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Quality requirements within the work environment.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Ability to interact with clients in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to record, analyse and report information (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently when the role requires.
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.