|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2019|
. Role Purpose and Contribution
The key reason for the existence of this role:
· 1. Operates boilers to generate steam safely and efficiently to meet required plant demand
· 2. Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators and stoker.
--exposure in the boilers with specific reference to John Thompson boilers. These are coal fired boilers.
This role supports the strategy by:
Maintain, repair and optimise plant to ensure maximum equipment availability and product quality at the lowest possible cost.
This role interacts with the following key people:
- Grade 12, Maths and science are an added advantage
- Considerable experience in the maintenance and operation of steam boilers or any equivalent combination of training experiences
- Continuous Personal Development
- Thorough knowledge of the proper operation and maintenance of low to medium pressure boilers
- Knowledge of steam plant safety standards and procedures
- Able to supervise the work of others
- Ability to operate and regulate boiler plant equipment and to make adjustment as required for plant output
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams, written orders, instrument readings, manufactures operating books and to record boiler plant information
- ISO 9002/ 14000/ 2200
- Assist boiler operator to adjust boiler settings to achieve maximum throughput
- Assist the boiler operator as required
- Execute proper shut down and ensure correct start up procedures is followed.
- Assist boiler operator to maintains maximum boiler efficiency by adjusting, reading and interpreting gauges, indicators and steam flow meters
- Assist boiler operator to maintains complete combustion through monitoring and adjustment of operating parameters
- Liaise with Boiler operator on incidents or actions that would result in not achieving daily plan.
- Monitor process in the field on continuous basis.
- General boiler house keeping
Health and Safety and Equipment Care
- Ensure correct care and safe use of equipment in the field
- Maintains various records and reports relative to steam plant operations
- Monitors correct conditions and parameters in the plant during steam production and report changes to the boiler operator
- Check and report any faulty equipment to the boiler operator
- Take samples on the field and record resulst
- Adhere to environmental standards.
- Adhere to EQR policy
- Do frequent field checks and plant inspections.
- Ensures that coal, ash and water samples are taken and logged
- Capture data and logging of events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R42.00 to R69.00 /hour
- Boiler Operator/similar: 1 year (Required)
- coal fired/steam boilers: 1 year (Required)