|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
My Cient, a well established transporter in the bulk fuel and gas sectos has a vacancy for a experienced Driver Trainer based in Milnerton Cape Town
Duties & Responsibilities
- Tanker Operations experience is critical for this position.
- Must have Fuel, Gas and General Freight product knowledge
- Must have strong communications skills to maintain an effective Driver Training Programme for all allocated contracts
- Ensuring the effective implementation of TETA accredited training in line with operational requirements.
- To ensure the effective recruitment of new Drivers
- To identify and minimise all potential risks and to undertake motor vehicle crash Investigations within the region.
- To manage the general administration of Driver files and TETA accredited training and ensuring that Assessors/ Moderators reports are on file.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, liaising weekly with different contract managers /fleet controllers for training of all drivers.
- Must be able to foster and maintain exceptional client relationships with the allocated contracts.
- Be aware of the SPI/SOP’s and Fuel Requirements.
- Product specific load securing knowledge.
- VFL’s specific related to the Fuel contracts which include specific job observation, Vehicle inspections, Site Walks and Near misses.
- Driver trainer must have access and knowledge of Drivecam and its daily application/ monitoring to address drivers with bad behaviour.
- Must have Fatigue monitoring and management thereof experience.
- Must understand the training matrix, how to complete it and ensure all information is correct and managed on a weekly basis.
- Must be able to undertake a cab assessment and undertake in Cab training to correct Driving behaviour
- Must have reliable transport and be willing to travel – to other branches and with long distance drivers.
- Training and Driving knowledge on Ultra, Heavy and Medium Motor vehicles.
- Updating and maintaining of RRA (Route Risk Assessments)
- Must understand fuel consumption and the application thereof.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Have matric, or equivalent education
- Have a Code EC license and a valid PRDP with category DGP and at least 5 years driving experience in the Fuel, Gas & Oil Sector
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft including the use of excel at an intermediate level, Level 3 minimum requirement.
- Have strong administrational and communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong Presentation skills and 5 years training experience
- Must have training experience in the Fuel, Oil and Gas Industry
- Have practical experience in investigating accidents and/or incidents
- Have a facilitators and an assessor’s qualification, accredited by TETA, and be registered as an assessor with TETA for the following unit standards:
- Transport Of Dangerous Goods By Road UNIT STANDARD 123259
- Firefighting UNIT STANDARD 12484
- First Aid UNIT STANDARD 116511
- RTMS implementation knowledge and experience are essential.
- Must have completed a train the trainer qualification
- Can plan organise and implement Driver training courses
- Have the ability undertake Route Risk Analysis & implement Journey Plans
- Be prepared to work flexible working hours and weekends when required.
- Must be able to work under pressure
Package & Remuneration
Negotiable depending on experience and qualification