External Financial Support (Bursaries) are offered to students who are residents of Cape Town and registered at accredited academic institutions within the borders of South Africa, including TVET colleges. The support (bursary) include the following for selected candidates:
• Registration, tuition and examination fees, capped study-aid allowance, capped transport allowance, and a capped meal allowance.
• Where a proven need exists, the City may cover a capped residence allowance, funding permitting.
The City invites applications from all candidates who meet the requirements listed below. Applications for external financial support bursaries for 2022 are now open and will close on Wednesday, 16 March 2022.
Requirements for eligibility
• Copy of Grade 12 final /mid-year results with an average of 65% and above
• Copy of first / second /third year academic transcript
• Certified Copy of ID (not older than 3 months)
• Proof of financial status (affidavit of parents or guardian’s payslips or social grant slips)
• Applicant should be a South African citizen residing within the boundaries of Cape Town
External Financial support bursaries are offered to anyone who:
• Is not an employee of the City of Cape Town
• Is not in possession of any other form of financial assistance (i.e. NSFAS etc.)
• Is registered for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution
• Is studying an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study: https://bit.ly/3i3zBQx
To apply, simply download an application form: https://bit.ly/3sGSO0r
Completed forms and supporting documentation must be submitted electronically to [email protected] by Wednesday, 16 March 2022.